Help us to find you more quickly
After calling 999, there are a number of things that you can do to help us find you quickly:
- Stay with the patient until the ambulance crew arrives and call back if their condition or location changes.
- Get someone to alert the ambulance crew by opening doors and pointing them in the right direction. If possible turn on car hazard lights outside the location or driveway.
- If it is dark, turn all your house lights on and pull back the curtains.
- If the location is not obvious, try to place a torch or a light at the end of the drive.
There are also things that you can do today to help ambulance crews in your area should you ever need to call:
- Check that your house number or house name is clearly visible from the roadside - this is the cause of many delays.
- If you live on an estate, check there is a clear sign to direct emergency services and that all lifts are working.