Volunteer Car Service Drivers
Would you like the opportunity to meet new people, keep active and boost your skills and CV, or do you know someone who would? Our Volunteer Car Service (VCS) could be just for you!
Our non-emergency Patient Transport Service (PTS) helps thousands of people reach their medical appointments each week. They are supported by our dedicated network of VCS drivers, who are an invaluable part of our service. Our VCS drivers use their own vehicles to help with the transportation of patients to and from hospital appointments.
Volunteers don’t need to have any previous experience, just a caring attitude and a friendly and willing disposition. There is currently no minimum amount of time required from our volunteers, so whether you are able to be involved once a month or several times a week, please get in touch.
We are looking for people who:
- are aged 18 or over
- hold a valid, full UK driving licence with no more than three penalty points
- have access to a car with a minimum of four doors
- are prepared to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- are prepared to undertake occupational health screening
- would like to attend our two-day volunteer training course.
For alternative ways to apply or for an informal chat about joining the service, please get in touch with our team.
Tel: 01924 584019