We offer an exciting range of apprenticeships, which give people the chance to combine practical training in a job with study. Put very simply, you can learn while you earn.
If you join us an apprentice you will be able to work alongside experienced staff, gain knowledge, skills and experience in your chosen role, earn a wage and receive holiday pay, and be given the time needed to study for your role and to gain nationally recognised qualifications.
The roles we offer are varied and include:
- clinical apprenticeships, where you will have direct contact with patients and be involved in their examination and treatment
- support services apprenticeships, covering a wide and varied range of jobs which are vital to keeping Yorkshire Ambulance Service going 365 days a year.
You will need to work to our values as an organisation, something we ask of all our staff, volunteers and apprentices, and you can find out more about them here.
Our apprenticeships are not only an exciting way to learn while you earn, they are also a step towards an exciting career with one of the most successful ambulance services in the country.
Who can apply
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school but to start one, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays (for clinical apprenticeships you will need to be 18 or over and also for some other support services roles– please check the job description)
- living in England
- not in full-time education
- hold all the relevant visas and permits to work if you are from overseas. Visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/what-you-need-to-do for more information.
To find out more about our apprenticeships
Clinical apprenticeships – click here
Support services apprenticeships - click here