Self Care Week
13 November 2023
Self Care Week (13-19 November) is an annual national awareness week that focuses on embedding support for self care across communities, families and generations.
A range of health messages will be shared during Self Care Week including:
- taking vitamin D supplements, particularly important for those shielding and unable to go outside
- good nutrition and regular exercise to support general wellbeing and help maximize people’s immunity
- adopting positive lifestyle choices
- increasing health literacy levels in the community and in schools
- supporting mental wellness by keeping connected, ensuring a sense of perspective, and taking further steps to maintain health
- understanding how to manage minor and long term health conditions.
Produced by: Corporate Communications Department