Join Our Team
Our vision is “To be trusted as the best urgent and emergency care provider, with the best people and partnerships, delivering the best outcomes for patients”. Our workforce is central to achieving this vision and we are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in all areas of the service. We have many exciting opportunities available within our core services, A&E Operations, Patient Transport Service (PTS) and NHS 111, as well as a huge variety of careers within our support services such as IT, Human Resources, Fleet and Estates.
Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce which reflects the communities and patients we serve across the Yorkshire region. Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts candidates from all sections of the community and signals our commitment to embracing diversity and promoting inclusivity.
As an inclusive organisation, we welcome applicants irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We particularly encourage applications from people who are underrepresented within our sector, including people with lived experienced from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, people from the LGBT+ community, people with caring responsibilities and people with disabilities. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including an invitation to the first stage of the selection process, for applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job vacancy, and consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability under the “Disability Confident Scheme”.
For all our staff, there is the job satisfaction of knowing that what you do makes a difference, but we offer a range of other benefits as well. What we can offer:
- Flexible working including part-time hours, job shares and flexible hours, agile working.
- 27 days annual leave, increasing to 33 with service.
- Sell annual leave scheme.
- Contributory Pension.
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gyms, mobile phone, and insurance.
- Car lease and other salary sacrifice schemes.
- Dedicated employee assistance and counselling service.
- Opportunities for research participation, career progression and ongoing development.
- Well respected, committed and supported staff networks for our workforce.